A Scottish Storyteller


Gadiefest 2009!

So a lot has happened since my last post!

Most importantly the sad loss of our good friend, Stanley Robertson. He was an inspiration to myself and my fellow storytellers and ballad singers and I was very privileged to be one of his "quinies" - Stanley always had time to teach a ballad or story!

Stanley's funeral was very touching and, as he was buried at Lumphanan and we were all there to sing at the graveside, a few of us made the walk up the Old Road past the great oak tree Auld Craobhie.

Stanley was due to be the guest speaker at GAS's October Friday Fling for Doricfest. Instead we have decided to hold the event in his honour and everyone is welcome to share a story or song of Stanley's. Gabrielle and Antony, Stanleys daughter and son will be there and I'm sure everyone will do what he taught us justice!

Stanley at the Travellers Well on the way out to Lumphanan

In the last couple of months, I've been telling stories at the Burn O Vat and in the Wee Wizards tent at Wizard Festival, so the next big event in the North East's storytelling calendar has sneaked up on me a wee bit!

I'm talking, of course, about Gadiefest 2009!

Having been a volunteer at Archaeolink for so many seasons I've lost count (8? 9?) and a member of the GAS (Grampian Association of Storytellers) comittee for a few years now, I'm delighted that Archaeolink and GAS are getting together to present our first storytelling festival - Gadiefest.

It kicks off this friday evening at 7pm with guest Colin McAllister and then continues on saturday and sunday at Archaeolink Prehistory Park, Oyne for a weekend of storytelling, songs, music, workshops, crafts, arts, drama - the list goes on!

But to save me blabbering about it here - have a look at the gadiefest web page: http://www.gadiefest.co.uk

Hopefully I'll still have a voice this time next week! ;)

0 Responses to “Gadiefest 2009!”

Post a Comment



© 2006 A Scottish Storyteller | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.